Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Timing Pulley Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 11:41 PM
brandonl2000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Timing Pulley Replacement

My 2000 Dodge Caravan Base 2.4L broke down on me the other day. The tension pulley's bearings were messed up and had been making noise. Well the pulley finally gave up and broke apart. In the process it chewed up the belt and broke the timing cover (plastic case surround pulleys and belt). We are having trouble finding this pulley because apparently there are two types of this pulley? and the only one we can find has these pins coming out the sides and that is NOT the type we need. Also we cannot find this pulley in any parts store (besides the dealer but it comes in a kit with all the pulleys for $200 so that's a no go) and the case is no where to be found either.

My question is where can I find this pulley and the case? We have searched a salvage yard not much luck. Thanks!

Old 04-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Kevioll
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rockauto.com lists 2 types of timing pulleys for your vehicle, both $50 range, check it out, they ship quickly. Also car-part.com for salvage yards.

Last edited by Kevioll; 04-06-2010 at 07:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Timing Pulley Replacement