Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

mysterious chime

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 01:57 AM
chrisyng
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mysterious chime

Hi guys.. hopefully someone will be able to shed some light into a little quirk we seem to have..

We just bought an 08 Grand caravan SXT with the 3.8l motor.. not too many things on the option list.. no EVIC, no power sliding doors, RES radio, tow package, remote start.. so far it's been wonderful, but my wife brought up a strange issue the other day..

It seems that at random times, a single "chime" will sound during the drive.. sometimes it goes off minutes into the drive, and other times it goes off much later.. there are no lights or indications that show up on the dash when this occurs.. the sound will chime once, then go away.. sometimes sounding a little while later... At first I thought my wife had just forgotten something, like the turn signals etc.. however I took it out for a drive and had the chime sound on me as well... once again, no lights or messages came on to indicate what could be causing it..

anyone else experience this?
many thanks!

Old 04-11-2010, 10:10 AM
trophyslayer
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had that happen to my 06 van, and sometimes the parking and abs light would flash on off quicker then I could see the lights, took a few dozen times till I could see which lights,
the single chime and lights happened every morining for 3-4weeks

I was thinking speed sensor, so I got the hose and washed off around the wheels, then I disconnected the battery for a few hours incase there was a cpu problem,

reconnected it and since then no problems

don't know if either will help, but it got rid of my little annoying chime

Old 04-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I did find a TSB for an issue with the liftgate ajar switch causing a ghost chime issue. The next time it acts up, try and see if you notice the liftgate ajar lamp flicker. If it does, I'll send you a copy of the bulletin

Quick Reply: mysterious chime