Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Wipers Wigging Out

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 01:21 PM
daver80
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wipers Wigging Out

2000 Caravan- the intermittant wipers on my van are going nuts- usually when the weather is colder. They will go three or four times when I switch to intermitant, or will just go all the time, or stop in any position when switched off. Mostly just an annoyance. Any ideas? Thanks! Dave

Old 04-27-2010, 02:55 PM
vabear
Professional
Default Wipers

Welcome to We Got Gremlins in the system and fear not you are not alone. It is probably somewhere beetween the multi-function switch and the wiper motor (full of gunk) and I vote for the switch, but no guarantee.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:13 PM
daver80
Default wipers

I think I might try looking at the motor first and cleaning (Is that what you are saying?) before I resort to a new switch. My U Pull it junkyard has a pile of 2nd gen Caravans guess if I want to try a switch I could. Thanks! Dave

Old 04-28-2010, 07:12 PM
vabear
Professional
Default wipers

Yes, pull the motor and clean out the crud and see if that helps (it is the least expensive fix). I did this twice and it worked for a short while, then I bit the bullet and bought a new multi-function switch and it has been good for over one year.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:41 AM
daver80
Default wipers

Good- I'll try it. I cringe at the thought of buying a NEW switch, if a cleanout dosent do it, probably just put up with it till we move on, after all it's 10 years old now and we've been putting up with this for at least 4 years now...THANKS! Dave

Old 04-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If the wipers don't park when you turn them off it is usually the motor. The park switch in the motor isn't making contact so when the switch takes the power away, they just stop instead of parking.

Quick Reply: Wipers Wigging Out