Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

02 G-Caravan Batt to Alt Wire Harness P/N?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 11:13 AM
2therock
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 02 G-Caravan Batt to Alt Wire Harness P/N?

I'm going to replace the battery in an 02.

While I'm at it I want to look at changing the Alternator to Battery wiring harness I keep reading of as being problematic if a leaking battery has been present.

Anyone have a price idea or P/N? Or even a description?

Also while I'm in there I would like to know if I should inspect the ECM connections?

Please Forgive me as I'm new to these vans. Can I get a rundown of the acronyms?

ECM, TCM etc, etc, and there general locations?

Old 05-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That harness is the entire engine harness and is very expensive. If you follow the negative cable down into the harness, there should be a part number tag. You give me the number and I can give you a price.

Don't mess with the computor connections, all it will do is cause problems. So if you don't have to, leave them alone.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:21 PM
2therock
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks,

So, I'll when I pull the batt, I'll visually inspect the condition of the wiring and get a P/N and report.
I read a few reports (maybe on this forum) where the wiring under the batt to the alt was repaired and solved some issues. It sounded like they replaced a part of a harness but you would know better than I.
The Neg batt post on this one has corrosion so I hope it has not went too far.
I am changing the batt Cart Blanche because of what I'll be doing with the van will require a good batt and looking at the corrosion it needs it. I have not had to deal with dirty batt posts in many years. Ugh!

I have no symptom of issues (knock-on-wood). I'll leave the computer alone "THANKS!"

Your great.

Quick Reply: 02 G-Caravan Batt to Alt Wire Harness P/N?