Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 Grand Caravan transmission died

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 07:41 AM
stevenriz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Grand Caravan transmission died

We have a 2008 GC with the 6sp with 51k miles on it and it flat out died. It just whines. Fluid level is fine. I don't know if we have any recourse. We called a couple of transmission shops and they won't even look at it. They said they don't have the new tools for them yet or something. I see the GC came with a lifetime powertrain warranty but we are the second owner so it doesn't apply. Who gives a warranty like this? So are we out of luck? How discouraging if that's the case.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:24 AM
mfahey
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check your warranty book to see what does apply. It may be that the lifetime doesn't apply but a lesser mileage limit might apply. Short of that, try seeing if Chrysler will do some sort of good will although based on my experience with them, good luck with that.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:33 PM
stevenriz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya it is a basic 3yr 36k mile warrantee on the remainder once the vehicle changes hands. I actually got a dealer to pay 50% so we'll see what happens...

Quick Reply: 2008 Grand Caravan transmission died