Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Dodge Caravan Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 11:47 AM
socadesertrat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tizzy1
This is the part of my job that drives me insane. Trying to find intermittent electrical problems. All of the codes you list are for loss of communication with other modules. The reason your cluster goes crazy is because the bus or communication network is going down. How long does it stay broken when it acts up? If it is for more than a couple of seconds then we have a chance.
It can last for several minutes or just be intermittent. Yesterday when it went crazy, my wife turned the key off and still the door open lights stayed on. She started it up again and drove it to our independent garage and it was still doing it, including the gas gauge nedle and not seeing the odometer, when she got there 10 minutes later. When she left the garage, after they poked and prodded, all was fine when she drove home, about 15 minutes from the shop.

Thanks, again.

Last edited by socadesertrat; 06-13-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sorry, must have missed you after the weekend. That and my poor old man memeory

Old 06-17-2010, 10:00 AM
socadesertrat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tizzy1
sorry, must have missed you after the weekend. That and my poor old man memeory
Thanks for the PM.
Took it back to the shop on Monday and they kept it for 2 days. They pulled the cluster again and went through all of the grounds and as you know there are many, sometimes multiples to one contact point. They took them all apart and clean and re-attached them, sometimes running a 10 ga. wire from the multiple ground points to another single point. They also reinstalled the original BCM and now it looks OK. Even the CD player, which was not accepting some CD's is working as new. We'll see what happens. Thanks,again, and you have no exclusive on the "old man memory". Join the crowd!

Quick Reply: Dodge Caravan Gauges