Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

VTSS Won't let the car start

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010 | 07:52 PM
challenger29
|
Default VTSS Won't let the car start

2000 Dodge Caravan

Recently the battery on my caravan died. When I charged the battery all the way back up the VTSS and BCM were reengaged for some reason and now the engine won't start. Whenever I turn the key the security light blinks but nothing happens. The car will not even attempt to turn over. It seems like the anti-theft system is stopping the car from being started but we don't have the key remote anymore. Is there anyway we can either reset the system again or is there a manual way to turn off the anti-theft without the remote? Worse comes to worse we have to tow it to Dodge or buy a new remote but we would rather avoid that. Thanks for your help.

Old 06-01-2010 | 10:07 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech

Welcome to DF
For some reason the ignition system has lock you out from starting. Its so much as a remote, but the key. You will need the dealer for this problem, this way they can ck codes and clear and put the key code back in if needed.

Quick Reply: VTSS Won't let the car start