Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

AC Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 10:52 AM
paul74
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Problem

Hello to all,

I have a 2000 Dodge Caravan 2.4v and the issue with the AC I have is that when I switch it to ON and the only thing that turns on is the compressor and not the "blower." When I switch it to off the compressor stays on the the 2 AC light buttons stays on. I'm thinking that maybe its a switch problem, Relay problem or the actual blower went bad.

I need to get this resolved because the heat in Miami, FL. is the pits....

Any advice will be helpful

Old 06-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So the blower motor doesn't work in the car? Auto temp or manual? Does it have rear a/c? When you turn the blower motor switch to off the a/c button led stays illuminated?

Old 06-08-2010, 12:55 PM
paul74
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a manual, It does NOT have AC in the rear and yes the a/c button led stays illuminated but no air and compressor activated. Checked all the fuses and they're all good....

Thanks for the reply...

Old 06-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Blower motor diagnostics is pretty straight forward. Power is supplied to the blower motor and then it goes through a resistor and then to ground. the blower motor switch controls which wire gets grounded. The resistor is under the hood by the right strut tower and goes bad quite frequently usually needing a connector when it is replaced. Start at the blower motor, if you have power on both wires then you don't have a good ground.

Quick Reply: AC Problem