Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Popping drivers side wheel

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 10:39 AM
bullheadpond
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Popping drivers side wheel

My 2008 caravan recenlty had a wheel bearing replaced and ever since we got it back it feels like something is loose or clunky. You can feel it in the steering and brake pedal when you hit bumps . It drives straight and is fine on smooth streets or highway. When my brother inlaw and i looked under neath i turned the wheel to the left and moved the steering wheel back and forth like 3-5 inches and he had his hand on the tire and could feel something popping i as he had his had on the tire.
Any idea what this could be?
I noticed that there are shiny new pcs on this side of the vehicle. one is a bracket and new looking small black hose that looks like it goes to the break and the other is a bar about 12-15 inches long that runs up and down . Kind of looks like it hooks onto the strut?
No one charged me for any new parts so i don't what they could have to do with the a wheel bearing. I thought the wheel bearing is inside the axle that your rotors sit on.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:13 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tough call there, what couldn't they have left loose. Are you sure the lug nuts are tight? The long bar is the sway bar link, they make clunking noises over bumps. and yes, the hub and bearing go behind the rotor.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:44 PM
mfahey
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would take it back and have them double check the torque on the nut that holds the wheel bearing in place.

Quick Reply: Popping drivers side wheel