Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Help! I am stuck! 97 GC A/C R&R, + Wiper Motor help

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 02:16 PM
cameroniamagirl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! I am stuck! 97 GC A/C R&R, + Wiper Motor help

Hi and thank you in advance for any help you can give me. I have a 97 Grand Caravan ready to sell with several people who want to see it this afternoon and I am stuck and need advice.
1) When I got the van the a/c didn't work ...when I turned it on we could not hear the compressor drag the engine down like we should so I went to u-pull-it and grabbed one. When trying to get the old one out I am stuck on one of the inside hard to get too bolts. someone told me I had to turn these bolts clockwise to get them to come off ...is that BS? lol we have good toold and can't seem to get a wrench around this one and still have any room to reef on it ... the other back side bolt was not on so couldn't use that to solve the "which way to turn it " problem
2) Wiper Motor- rain from windshield got clogged with pine needles,..water backed up into reservoir all the way then leaked into passnger side rug...so stupid me had the windshield resealed ...and thats when I realized what a cluck I was. the wiper motor was marinating all the way in that water for months and finally quit. so I pulled a used motor out also and put it on and with no blades and the cowling off it cranks back and forth great . when i attach the wiper arms I guess I don't know how to set them ... properly...which one is on top and where etc.. also is the bolt in the center of the assemblage where the motor gets attached a self tightening bolt ? it looks like it is doing something weird.. also (last one ) the motor I pulled has extra wires covered with rubber looking little nipple things and underneath is sort of a plug looking thng (female) ..any ideas on that I have no where to connect them aail thx

Old 06-19-2010, 02:27 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to DF
to loosen bolts,turn the bolts to the left, to tighten turn the bolt to the right.2) drivers blade is the top and passenger is bottom.3) just a rubber plug to be align into the wiper module housing.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 06-19-2010, 02:43 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you did clean the cowl drains, right?

Quick Reply: Help! I am stuck! 97 GC A/C R&R, + Wiper Motor help