Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Timing Belt

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 12:40 PM
sapporo
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

engine misfire is more pronounced when under load. having the a/c on puts more load which amplifies a misfire. I'd put on my scanner and monitor what cylinder the misfire is occuring then solve that problem

Old 05-25-2014, 04:50 PM
2000 Voyager

Originally Posted by Tizzy1
INSTALLATION
11. Install crankshaft damper. Refer to procedure in this section.

I'm not sure where you got these instructions from, but I am trying to replace the harmonic balancer on my 2000 Chrysler Voyager (2.4L). I rented the Chrysler Harmonic Balancer puller tool from Autozone to remove the old harmonic balancer (it worked, after a slight modification), and then rented the Harmonic Balancer Installer Kit to install the new one. The installer kit does not have the adapter piece to match my crankshaft bolt thread though, so I am not sure how to install the new harmonic balancer (I've read many places not to either hammer it in or to install w/ crankshaft bolt).

So, what does the procedure say about how to perform this installation? I have the Haynes manual, with offers no instruction.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:14 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Removal and installation instructions from the service manual........

CRANKSHAFT DAMPER
REMOVAL
Remove accessory drive belts. Refer to COOLING SYSTEM for procedures.
Remove crankshaft damper bolt.
Remove damper by using Special Tool 1026 and Insert 6827 - A Crankshaft Damper - Removal
INSTALLATION
Install crankshaft damper using M12 1.75 x 150 mm bolt, washer, thrust bearing and nut from Special Tool 6792
NOTE: Lubricate the threads of the M12 1.75 x 150 mm bolt before beginning to press the damper on.

Install crankshaft damper bolt and tighten to 142 N·m (105 ft. lbs.) Crankshaft Damper - Installation
Install accessory drive belts. Refer to COOLING SYSTEM for procedures.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:44 PM
2000 Voyager

Originally Posted by Tizzy1
Removal and installation instructions from the service manual........

CRANKSHAFT DAMPER
REMOVAL
Remove accessory drive belts. Refer to COOLING SYSTEM for procedures.
Remove crankshaft damper bolt.
Remove damper by using Special Tool 1026 and Insert 6827 - A Crankshaft Damper - Removal
INSTALLATION
Install crankshaft damper using M12 1.75 x 150 mm bolt, washer, thrust bearing and nut from Special Tool 6792
NOTE: Lubricate the threads of the M12 1.75 x 150 mm bolt before beginning to press the damper on.

Install crankshaft damper bolt and tighten to 142 N·m (105 ft. lbs.) Crankshaft Damper - Installation
Install accessory drive belts. Refer to COOLING SYSTEM for procedures.
Thanks. I appreciate it. This will definitely help.

Quick Reply: Timing Belt