Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2010 Active Head Restraints

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 12:15 AM
dspud
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Active Head Restraints

Just wondering if anyone knows if Active Head Restraints are standard on the 2010? I have a 2010 Dodge GC SXT and I know I read somewhere that they are supposed to be standard for this model year for the front and passenger seats. However, As far as I can tell, the headrests are just standard headrests. According to the owners manual a AHR should be plastic in the back. My headrests are basic, cloth all around. No where for them to separate in a crash. Any info on this would be appreciated, thank you.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Active head rest is not standard, it only comes on a couple of packages....Hero and Crew I believe. And it is only the front seat head rests that get it

Old 07-21-2010, 08:51 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

I believe tizzy is right.But you could also look at your builded date.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:50 PM
dspud

Various links online say differently, which I usually tend not to believe. However, I have the sales pamplet from the dealership, and the first thing on top says that Active Head Restraints are standard among all trim levels for the 2010. I believe my GC was built in 2/2010. Anyone know for sure if there was a midyear change regarding this? I purchased my GC during a trip to see family several states away, and the nearest Dodge dealership to me is over an hour away from where I live so its not as simple as going to check other vans and seeing what they have or asking the dealership to see what they say.

Last edited by dspud; 07-22-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:54 PM
dspud

http://www.dodge.com/en/pdf/2010_grand_caravan.pdf

Page 23 of 24, right at the top left. However, my 2010 does not have them, at least not the ones described in the owners manual. I also noticed a photo or two in the pamplet showing the front row headrests and they are ones described in the owners manual. I am assuming that the dealership did not take my active headrests and put in normal ones, so I am sure there is an explanation, I am just curious what it is since it says they are standard.

Last edited by dspud; 07-22-2010 at 11:02 PM.

Quick Reply: 2010 Active Head Restraints