Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Transmission solenoid ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 01:28 PM
noneentered
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sapporo
1999 and 2000 only on the 3.0 overdrive trans. you can use a 1998 if you're handy enough to figure out the differences. 96 and 97 was 3 speed only behind the 3.0.

maybe you should just get a different vehicle all together. something non-chrysler so you don't have all these problems like everyone else.

you can get a sol pack from ANY 604 trans. just if it's got the foam cover, then you need to use 2 gaskets and steel plate it would come with. the newer design like your 2000 should have uses one gasket and no plate.

why not use the 97 for the paper route?
That's all great information thanks .
I have driven nothing but Dodges since the 80's i wont be switching now.

To be honest this is the first tranny issue of any kind i have ever had with a Chrysler i have had 2 3.3 Voyagers both high mileage both with the original trannys and both worked perfect and both are still going 2 years after selling them . I have had Rams Neons K-cars Omnis the list goes on .

I know Chryslers are quirky and have issues i know they have gremlins but i hate Ford's and am not real fond of GM either .... and around here anyway the Japanese/Korean whatever imports are simply too expensive to fix most parts for imports run close to twice what they would for a Dodge for example Ceramic pads for my Caravan $18 for a 94 Civic (My son's car) $75.00 !! Calipers run exactly twice the price same for Toyota just random examples . The ol Dodge has been reliable i have put a ton of miles on it in 6 months with nothing other than oil changes every 3000 Km and a set of pads .

when i bought this the motor had been changed it now has less than 70 thousand Kms on the motor so it has a way to go yet .

The 97 has a badly rotted out strut tower you can see the ground through it i bought it for the rebuit tranny and the low mileage motor thing works like a top .

Old 07-24-2010, 01:45 PM
sapporo
Banned

so repair the strut tower. it's pretty easy and cheap to do. that'll get you on the road to deliver the news and no scanner required

Old 07-24-2010, 02:14 PM
noneentered

Originally Posted by sapporo
so repair the strut tower. it's pretty easy and cheap to do. that'll get you on the road to deliver the news and no scanner required
Oh i am on the road i have two vans i bought the 2000 specifically for work though the other is my grocery getter etc van . I have the motor and tranny out of the 97 i have a Grand caravan coming soon to put it in another 97 the 97 i have needed to much work to be bothered with rockers strut tower brakes and the hatch is all rotted out plus it only has one sliding door in my work you need both .
The current plan is to run the 97 all winter after the swap is done so i can paint the 2000 and take care of a few minor things as well .

Old 07-24-2010, 02:50 PM
sapporo
Banned

well hopefully the Grand Caravan you got comming soon is a 3.0 and not a 3.3/3.8

Old 07-29-2010, 07:04 AM
noneentered
Default Fixed

Just an update it was thesolenoid replaced it yesterday cleared the codes and all was well .

Quick Reply: Transmission solenoid ?