Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 SXT random console power problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 09:25 AM
satinkzo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 SXT random console power problem

Had this problem twice now and doing a search here, I didn't see anything similar.

2008 SXT model, 18000 miles. On startup twice now in the couple months we have owned the vehicle the center cosonle controls do not power nor function. Additionally no turn signals, no power sliding doors from any control (overhead, fob, buttons in back etc)

Equipment
Mygig REN
VES

Took at look at fuses, pulled a couple the first time which appeared to clear up the problem the 1st time (although I don't know if it directly fixed it or just because we had the vehicle turned off for about 5 minutes).

2nd time it happened, wife drove to a store, could not get anything to work and it was a cool morning so she was trying to get some heat, but coule not get anything in the center console to respond. She said the mygig was off (no clock even), no buttons on the temp controls worked, power doors did not work (similar to first issue and we never checked the other stuff the first time). She turned off ignition, waited probably 30 seconds, no change on restart but she drove to town anyways and noticed turn signals did not work.

Went into the store for about a half hour and when she started back up to come home, everything worked fine.

Everything is still under warranty and we plan to take it in in the coming days, but is this something that others have seen? Any thoughts?

Old 09-06-2010, 03:50 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts

Welcome to DF
There was other post started by jerry hawkeye and jboland for almost the same problem. I believe jboland had said the dealer found a problem with the tipm module. And i know there has been a problem with the WIN module.Since you are still under warranty, once you find out please us posted.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:47 AM
satinkzo

Took it in, tech that worked on the van said he's seen the problem about 9 times now. He has replaced the WIN module each time and not heard any further complaints from the other owners so he's 99% certain replacing that module will fix my problem.

Old 09-18-2010, 04:30 PM
halas

just got a 08 sxt this week and this just happened to me, was the new WIN the fix? My console will not come up though after a number of retries and my winsheild wipes stay on!

I'm new to Dodge's, is the WIN the same as a BCM on a GM - aka Body Control Module?

Old 09-18-2010, 11:15 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts

Welcome to DF
I would send satinkzo an pm and ask them.They haven't post if the problem was fix.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:53 AM
satinkzo

So far, so good with the new module. I haven't replied success yet as it's only been a short time since replacement, but we've not experienced the problem since.

One other thing the technician said was that sometimes (did not appear to be the case on our car) was ignition didn't always snap back to run fully and that in a few cases he would reproduce the problem and be able to get the console and other items powered up be giggling the key a bit to get the iginition to lock in the run position. He also said, that if it did that, he would replace the whole thing.

But again, the dealership I went to is a small one, but the one tech alone has seen the problem numerous times and replacing the WIN module fixed it almost every time.

Quick Reply: 2008 SXT random console power problem