Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

mobile one oil change..

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 08:20 AM
gorsuchcaravan
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mobile one oil change..

even though we have been having our stalling issue, i needed to do an oil change, the first one was done at the dealership (free one), so i changed the oil to the 10w-30 full synthetic with a purolator pure one filter. We saw an amazing improvement in fuel mileage. with the oil from the dealership we were averaging 14-14.5 mpg around town, and now we are at 15.5-16.0 mpg!!! we will be heading to pittsburgh this weekend and i am curious as to how our highway mileage will be?!? i'll let you know when we get back!!

Old 09-17-2010, 06:22 PM
sapporo
Banned

Originally Posted by gorsuchcaravan
even though we have been having our stalling issue, i needed to do an oil change, the first one was done at the dealership (free one), so i changed the oil to the 10w-30 full synthetic with a purolator pure one filter. We saw an amazing improvement in fuel mileage. with the oil from the dealership we were averaging 14-14.5 mpg around town, and now we are at 15.5-16.0 mpg!!! we will be heading to pittsburgh this weekend and i am curious as to how our highway mileage will be?!? i'll let you know when we get back!!

wow, that's horrible gas mileage all around. I never average less than 21 with my van. best I've had so far is 28.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:52 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

im hitting same here? 14 mpg if heavy foot max i got 18mpg cruising.

related to oil change im on my second one one almost due, just bougth on special a 5 ltr mobile 1000. not sure if thats what rated for this vehicle. heard there was a specific spec that they needed oil to be at to meet warranty?

Old 09-17-2010, 08:03 PM
sapporo
Banned

now I know, I won't be buying a gen 5 any time soon.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:14 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted by DodgeCaravan2010SXT
im hitting same here? 14 mpg if heavy foot max i got 18mpg cruising.

related to oil change im on my second one one almost due, just bougth on special a 5 ltr mobile 1000. not sure if thats what rated for this vehicle. heard there was a specific spec that they needed oil to be at to meet warranty?
Yup, it's normally printed in the owner's manual. Nowdays, almost any quality syn or dino oil meets specs for all normal engines. Stay away fom the store brands.

Dusty

Quick Reply: mobile one oil change..