Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

1998 Caavan: where can I find parts for the air direction controls on the front dash

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 09:19 AM
emm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Caavan: where can I find parts for the air direction controls on the front dash

I took apart the dash yesterday and cleaned all the buttons and have lost the little dent behind the air direction control. I still have the spring.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:10 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to DF
Are talking about the vents? Here is some information on sticking buttons.
STICKING HVAC CONTROL MODULE PUSH BUTTONS
To service HVAC control module push buttons that are sticking, spray between the buttons with MoparŽ MP-50. The MP-50 is a all purpose lubricant for mechanical and electrical uses. After spraying around the push buttons wipe any excess off the radio bezel and HVAC control module push buttons. Operate the buttons to ensure that they are operating freely.

Old 10-16-2010, 05:19 PM
emm

Master Tech, thanks for reply.

When I pulled the button off, circled in red, I lost a little bayonet piece that stops the button a intervaled dents....

Attached Thumbnails 1998 Caavan:  where can I find parts for the air direction controls on the front dash-dscn3202.jpg  
Old 10-17-2010, 11:31 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Those are a/c *****, part number 5011109AA. This is the mopar part numbers.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Ravenger

You mean when you pulled the **** off you lost the part that makes the clicking sound when you turn the **** and you still have the spring. I did the same thing on my 96 Caravan. I used a BB from a BB gun to replace that and it work great. Give it a try.....

Ravenger.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:08 PM
emm

Master Tech and Ravenger, thanks for replies.

If I can find a BB I'll give that a shot. I never saw what it looked like so thought it might have been some type of pin with a shoulder, but a BB is probably just as good...

Quick Reply: 1998 Caavan: where can I find parts for the air direction controls on the front dash