Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

A/C and Heater BOTH not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 01:31 PM
illinox
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C and Heater BOTH not working

1996 Dodge GrandCaravan SE, 3.3L

as stated, both my a/c and heater do not work. my brother in law took the car down to LA to disneyland and a few days after he came back, it just didn't work anymore. my husband thinks my brother in law had the a/c on full blast to and from LA, could this have burnt something out in the car?

my husbands scanner came back with a 'A/C clutch control relay' but then afterwards, it changed to a 'radiator-something'

we changed the front relay, changed the fuses, grounded a battery and checked the blower, it ran, but when plugged back in, it didn't work. any suggestions?

Old 11-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So it doesn't blow cold, sounds like the a/c compressor doesn't engage. What doesn't work with the heater?

The "a/c clutch relay control circuit" code means there is either a short or an open in the a/c clutch relay control circuit. Here is a wiring diagram for the compressor.

basically, if you can ground pin 64 of the C2 PCM connector and the relay clicks, you have a bad PCM.

Quick Reply: A/C and Heater BOTH not working