Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2004 Grand Caravan Heater blower resistor

Old 12-29-2012, 04:53 PM
jumpdrive2
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote=Puroylan;2934133]
Originally Posted by dsmblue
I recently had this problem, and solved it (temporarily) by replacing the blower motor resistor. However, the cause of most blower motor resistor failures is the blower motor drawing excess current, causing the resistor to fail. I had to replace both the resistor as well as the blower motor to cure all issues. If you get an electrical burning type smell after replacing the resistor, that is a sure sign that you need to replace the motor as well.[/QUO Thank you DSMS blue. So far, I haven't noticed or smelled anything yet and I hope that I won't have any more problem with it. Will keep you posted.
Happy New Year !!!
I replaced my resistor over 5 years ago, blower and resistor are still going strong. Yes sometimes the motor goes bad and burns out the resistor but a majority of the time it is just the resistor.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Puroylan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=jumpdrive2;2934674]
Originally Posted by Puroylan

I replaced my resistor over 5 years ago, blower and resistor are still going strong. Yes sometimes the motor goes bad and burns out the resistor but a majority of the time it is just the resistor.
Hi there guys! So far I have not had any problem with my heating since replacing the resistor. It was -40 here in Calgary a few days ago with the windchill factor and my heater works perfectly fine! Thanks again JUMPDRIVE2 and DODGE FORUM. I am.. now a regular visitor of this site. Happy New Year and all the best!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2004 Grand Caravan Heater blower resistor