Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2002 caravan se climate control light bulb replacement??

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 10:11 AM
mrsandwich
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 caravan se climate control light bulb replacement??

I have no lighting behind the climate control panel and would like to replace the 4 bulbs that light it. The dealer wants 500 bucks for the new panel which I can't justify for 4 simple bulbs. I disassembled the whole unit and the bulbs look fine but lack continuity when tested with the voltmeter. What are the chances that all 4 would blow at the same time and does anyone know where you can buy these?

Old 12-19-2010, 03:04 PM
hemi4spd
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those tiny bulbs are usually dealer only, and 90% of the time they want to sell you more than just the bulbs. They pretend they cant find them in the computer.

cheapest fastest way would be pull em out of a wreck, while ur at it grab some spares, you seem to already know how to test them so check em in the boneyard too.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:35 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Welcome to DF
I looked up parts number for the tiny bulbs, They are not there. It doesn't even show the bulbs. It does show the a/c control head assy's. It may not be the bulbs, but circuit board itself.

Quick Reply: 2002 caravan se climate control light bulb replacement??