Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

hi. noob here, have question about my dads 96 caravan 3.0 liter engine making noises in engine

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 04:32 AM
erik2282
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi. noob here, have question about my dads 96 caravan 3.0 liter engine making noises in engine

My dad owns a 96 dodge caravan with the v6 3.0 in it, with 165,000 miles on it. We've only had it for about 6 months. It looks like the engine was replaced because of the scratches on the side of the engine bay, but have no idea when..... Anyway, what the engine does is that it ticks/knocks when the engine is running. It gets a bit louder and faster as the engine rpm is raised. I have engine repair book, and it says it could be the lifters or springs. It also talks about adjusting the valve clearance, could this be the problem? Are they even adjustable? I need help with this, I want to fix the problem before it gets worse. If any1 can please help with advice, suggestions, or comments, it would be really, greatly appreciated. Thanks a hundred times.

erik

Old 06-23-2005, 06:10 PM
erik2282
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hi. noob here, have question about my dads 96 caravan 3.0 liter engine making noises in engine

an1 have any suggestions? i really need help, thank you for your time.

Quick Reply: hi. noob here, have question about my dads 96 caravan 3.0 liter engine making noises in engine