Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Code 25 obd2 code 1294 on 1996 caravan ( will crank but no start)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 01:15 PM
DKLINE1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Code 25 obd2 code 1294 on 1996 caravan ( will crank but no start)

Hello to all possible assists:
Have a 1996 caravan in which the engine was replaced, and the tranny replaced, due to it sitting for a year I believe.The van is driven in Minnesota cold weather.It ran fine into work,BUT when turned off and parked while at work (naturally) upon leaving work it would crank the starter, but not turnover. A low muffled whump whump was audible, but no start. Using the ignition key code retrival netted a code 25. With an OBD2 scan tool you get P1294.
I check the fuel pressure via the fuel rail schroeder valve, and fuel came out as like a flowing fresh water spring, not like old faithful. Once the fuel flow ceased (1-2 secs) I re-cranked the engine, and once again checked the pressure, same results.
Have not checked spark as of yet (too cold, and my hands were ice). I did switch out the relays for: fuel pump, and asd relay, but still no start.

What is a in the IAC circut that one should check, and is this the real culprit.

Actually this van belongs to a gal at work who I'm trying to help out, after paying the money for the engine/tranny replacement work to a shop.

As would she any help appreciated.
Dave K
If more info required will provide.

Quick Reply: Code 25 obd2 code 1294 on 1996 caravan ( will crank but no start)