Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2010 caravan oil leak...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011 | 07:25 PM
gorsuchcaravan
|
Amateur
Default 2010 caravan oil leak...

Hey folks, i am at a loss again, our 2010 caravan, 4.0L engine, has almost 13000 miles on it and since 6000 miles we have had some sort of oil leak. At teh first dealership (originally bought at) replaced the oil cooler/sending unit, then tried to blame me for the purolator oil filter leaking, but it leaked elsewhere, the replaced the oil pan seal which lasted a whole month and then began again. I took it to another dealer (used to use them for our ford they are a multibrand deakership) and they recently had it for 3 days to replace a oil galley plug (sorta like a freeze plug) and they added dye, this was a week ago, and now i looked under it and i find oil again!! i called the dealership and he got mad at me, b/c he feels he is getting put in the middle of this oil leak and the other dealer, but he is willing to take another look at it. But do you think maybe they should replace the oil pan?? maybe its not even and not sealing?? now i had mobil one synthetic in it but i don't think that could cause any issues...its due for an oil change but i don't want to change it until this is solved. any other suggestions?? or anyone else having this issues?? it looks like oil around the oil pan seal again...

Old 02-18-2011 | 07:31 PM
steak59
Record Breaker

Why don't you just take ur car back and have them look at it, since u said they added dye to it.
Spend a few bucks and let them do the oil change helps a lot in Customer-dealership relation, and they won't give u **** on "you did something wrong".

I've seen Oil cooler mating surface leak, but u said it's alrdy been done.

Old 02-18-2011 | 09:17 PM
gorsuchcaravan
|
Amateur

We do have an appointment for it to go back in, but i though ti would see if anyone else is having similar issues. The manager said he might call chrysler to have them look at it or suggest other options since it has been worked on at 2 dealers. We are just tired of all the issues we have had with this van. My wife wishes that we never bought this thing, and has nicknamed it "christine" after the steven king movie b/c of all the odd ball stuff that has failed.

Old 02-26-2011 | 06:18 AM
gorsuchcaravan
|
Amateur

Ok so here is the update....i call about the van yesterday, and the dealer that replaced the oil galley plug was investigating where the oil was coming from again. Here it is the same location, they called chrysler and their recommendations were to replace the plug again which took them 7 hrs to do and only got paid fro 2 hrs worth, or to order and install a short block!! so the dealer ordered a new engine block and will be waiting to put that in now!! our van only has 13000 miles on it and they gotta replace the block !!! so back in the summer we had a intermittent stalling issue and we talked to a chrysler rep, so yesterday i put a call back into the same guy, but i missed the call so i hope he will call back again.

Old 02-26-2011 | 05:02 PM
steak59
Record Breaker

damn... sorry to hear that, i assume you got a Monday engine when the assembly line workers are all drunk.

Quick Reply: 2010 caravan oil leak...