Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 Grand Caravan vent fan issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 12:58 PM
xobxdoc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Grand Caravan vent fan issue

My fan is getting very noisy lately whether with heat, ac or defrost. Is replaceing this fan a difficult task?

Old 02-27-2011, 05:16 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No, take out the Glove box, you will see a big cylinder, that's the fan. it is probably just held on by 4 philip screw or Torx screw.
Just move the chair all the way back and lay down in an awkward position.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:07 AM
xobxdoc

Thanks for the reply.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:36 AM
xobxdoc

I had a new fan installed by the local dealer. There still is an electrical issue. I have had it back to the dealer two more times because the fan would cut off without warning. The dealer changed out perfectly good components at my expense and the fan continues to cut off. Sometimes I will go a week before the condition happens. Immediately after losing the fan, I have found that when I cut off the vehicle and restart, the fan kicks back on. Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xobxdoc
I had a new fan installed by the local dealer. There still is an electrical issue. I have had it back to the dealer two more times because the fan would cut off without warning. The dealer changed out perfectly good components at my expense and the fan continues to cut off. Sometimes I will go a week before the condition happens. Immediately after losing the fan, I have found that when I cut off the vehicle and restart, the fan kicks back on. Any suggestions?
Thank you.
Intermittent problems are a pain to troubleshoot. If you can't duplicate the problem then it's a slow and expensive process. You've got a poor connection or a component with a poor connection in it. Could be the blower motor, HVAC control panel, front blower controller, TIPM, any connection in the system or any wire in the system. First you have to confirm all the contacts in each connection are not corroded or damaged. Then run continuity checks on system wiring while shaking wire harnesses. Once that's done it's a process of elimination. Change parts until the problem is resolved.

The TIPM, your fuse box, has been a source for many electrical problems in the newer vans. I would look in that area first.

Last edited by Cougar41; 09-07-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:49 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

And this never happened before they replaced the Fan? maybe they gave u a Bad Fan out of the box, tell them what you are experiencing, try another fan under waranty.

Quick Reply: 2008 Grand Caravan vent fan issue