Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Turn signal indicator 2003 Grand

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Gabriel51
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turn signal indicator 2003 Grand

My blinkers work outside but not inside on the dash. The high beam indicator does not work either, any ideas.

Thanks

Old 03-17-2011, 02:12 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Gabriel51
My blinkers work outside but not inside on the dash. The high beam indicator does not work either, any ideas.

Thanks
Take out the cluster and see if the bulbs are blown.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could be a problem in the data bus or BCM. Pulling the IOD fuse in the fuse panel for 2-3 minutes. This will reset the BCM. If that doesn't work disconnect the negative battery cable for 30 minutes. This will kill all power to the BCM and bleed off capacitive memory.

Remind me. Are the turn sigs and brights indicator in the instrument cluster or in a message center above the cluster on an 03?

Last edited by Cougar41; 03-17-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Gabriel51
Amateur

I did disconnect the battery and combined the cables for several minutes to bleed any capacitance, no go, same problem. probably a BCM?
I will probably find a used one to try.

Thanks

Old 03-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Gabriel51
Amateur

I was mistaken about the location of the turn signals and H-beam indicator; I thought they were in the cluster but they are located in the information center, but they still don't work. Everything on the car works except nothing shows in the information center, actually on this car I think the only thing there is the turn signals and the high beam I?
I have to figure out how to get it out now so I can check for bulbs? could it be that simple?

Old 03-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Gabriel51
Amateur
Default Problem solved!

The assembly was unplugged! I removed the assembly located just above the instrument cluster.
It houses the bulbs for the turn and high beam indicator and It was unplugged!
I just purchased this car yesterday so the previous owner did not know it or had it unplugged? (who knows)
I wasted some time on this because in the shop manual it listed the high beam and turn indicators in the cluster. What I did not know is that apparently they make a "Basic" version without a tach and on that model it is in the cluster. No money spent, only time looking through the manuals and less than 60 seconds to fix it.
Thanks for the help here...

Quick Reply: Turn signal indicator 2003 Grand