Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Gas gauge problem?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 09:40 PM
libertyspike138
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas gauge problem?

Ever since I bought my 94 Plymouth Grand Voyager used it has had this problem. If I fill the gas tank up all the way the gas gauge reads full but as soon as a couple gallons are used it starts dropping pretty rapidly and will say you are empty with 10 gallons. I'm assuming that someone replaced the fuel pump and bent the floater while putting it in so it is giving the wrong data. Any thoughts?

Old 04-08-2011, 02:57 PM
vabear
Professional
Default Gas Gauge

Had this issue on my '96 and it was the sending unit, I bit the bullet spent some coins and replaced the fuel pump assembly. Could have pulled the pump and replaced sending unit, but since I had already done the labor I just replaced the assembly. Not a bad job and you do NOT have to fully drop the tank to do this.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:05 AM
libertyspike138
Amateur

I got a sending unit from the salvage yard and put it on today. I should know in a couple days when I get it all back together considering the weather.

Quick Reply: Gas gauge problem?