Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Stow N' Go Trailer Hitch

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 04:27 PM
RedRam225
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stow N' Go Trailer Hitch

Anyone install the Mopar Trailer Hitch for the vans with Stow'n Go? If so, how easy was it? How much time should an "average guy" set aside for the install? Thanks!

Old 07-06-2005, 01:03 PM
greenmachine
All Star
Default RE: Stow N' Go Trailer Hitch

just bought a 05 gran caravan w/stowngo. did not see a listing for a hitch that was compatable with stowngo. If you did where did you find it. I looked on mopar.com.

Old 07-06-2005, 02:35 PM
RedRam225
Professional

There are 2 on ebay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

The Dealer has a MOPAR one for $180 out the door. I looked at the instructions and it looked simple enough; however when my wife called the dealer to ask about a MOPAR one they said it would take 2 hours for the dealer to install. It seemed a bit heavy on the time, so to speak.

I was planning on buying one through the dealer and installing it this weekend, my wife thought it would be easier to have them do it. But at those prices... the doing it looks easy enough to me.

Old 07-07-2005, 11:43 AM
73roadrunner
Captain

A friend of my just had a Hidden Hitch installed on his Caravan yesterday (with stow-n-go) and it took two guys 3hrs. He mentioned something about additional flanges that need to be added from the frame to hitch. The place where he had it installed said they where a pain! Just my 2 cents hope it helps.

Old 07-07-2005, 04:20 PM
dawnclong

We've had our van for almost two weeks and we bought and put on the mopar hitch ourselves (with stow n go). We bought it from the dealer. It was a bit clumsy, and took the two of us to get it on because it needs to be held up to get the screws in. But we got it on in under an hour. There were no additional parts needed, bolted right to holes already there. (05 Grand Caravan SXT).

Old 07-18-2005, 04:06 PM
RedRam225
Professional

OK I just got back from a 10 day trip to Yellowstone, and all around the Western States. We got the hitch from Uhaul, and had the guy install it there – it took about 45 minuets for him to do, it looked easy, the biggest thing was that he had it up on ramps and had lots of room to maneuver the hitch around to put it on. The guy stated that he had not put a hitch so wide on any other van, but it looked easy, assuming you had the capacity to put the back of the van 3 feet in the air.

As an aside. The van was great, I know many people knock the 3.3 as “underpowered”, but we had the stow n’ go middle section full to the brim, a big luggage carrier on the luggage rack and 4 bikes on the back, and I was pleased with the power the whole trip - which included numerous trips over the continental divide and throughout Yellowstone. No problems with being underpowered. It was a great trip!

Old 10-07-2005, 01:05 PM
dm3

I just bought a 2006 Grand Caravan SXT with the tow prep package so it can tow up to 3800 lbs. I want to tow between 2000-3000 lbs. The manual doesn't say this requires a weight distributing hitch. Yet the description for the Mopar hitch makes it sound like it maxes out at 2000 lbs and requires you to use weight distributing equipment if towing more than 2000 lbs. It also never says if its a class I, II or III hitch.

It makes it sound like I should get a 3rd party hitch because the mopar can't handle it. Anyone have any more information?

Here's the description on the mopar website, "3,800-lb tow rating, 380-lb tongue weight rating, with weight distributing equipment; otherwise 2,000-lb tow rating, 200-lb tongue weight rating; 2" opening, Hitch Ball sold separately. "

Quick Reply: Stow N' Go Trailer Hitch