Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

98 plymouth voyager

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 01:53 AM
Donahue Racing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 plymouth voyager

looks the same thing as a dodge caravan, figured id post it here.

got a 98 voyager. 3.3v6 i think , cant remember. having some issues.

so far i replaced all the window motors, regulators, head light swith,window switches,lock switches ect... all the windows work properly ,doors lock .

fuel gauge needel bounces up and down a lot,then the fuel light comes on then goes off.. but the gauge reads accuratly when it does work, its like the guage is turning on and off or something... i assume the fuel sending unit is faulty?

another problem is , some times the RPM gauge and speedometer dont work.shut the motor off, restart it and they will work fine. not realy sure what that is ..

previous owner replaced the front brakes ,and now the parking brake light stays on all the time , even when the brake isnt on.

temp gauges reads half, but when i go to pop the hood and check the oil
(valve cover gasket is bad,) the hood prop rod is so hot i cant touch it with out having gloves, same way with the oil dip stick, trans dip stick ect.. radiator fluid doesnt boil out or anything like that..

motor mounts are bad, gonna be replacing them soon. just like to get advice on what could be causing the rest of my problems.

first van,im more of a truck guy, in to fords n chevy. i had a 83 ram charger , 91 cherokee 4x4 ,now this plymouth voyager.not to much experience with dodge. the van was cheap,it ran , the registration was current, it had cold a/c , most the problems it had at first seem easy to fix, the whole gauge thing i figured out over time. the van gets pretty good mileage, $10 lasts long than wat it does in my truck! can fit a lotta junk in it, haul stuff. i kinda like it,not realy manly ,but hey... its cool. i enjoy tinkering around on stuff, i know i can find my answers on forums, so what the heck!
ill get some pics up soon.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:07 AM
Donahue Racing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name:  MTXSUBSnrcs005.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  139.3 KB

Name:  MTXSUBSnrcs009.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  123.0 KB

Name:  MTXSUBSnrcs007.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  156.9 KB

Name:  MTXSUBSnrcs003.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  113.1 KB

Name:  MTXSUBSnrcs004.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  101.2 KB

Name:  MTXSUBSnrcs001.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  128.7 KB

driver side window had all kinds of problems . i just ended up buying the whole regulator/ motor assembly. previous owner messed the old one up,binding the cables, broke the door panel to get it off.it raining on the switches for about a month, so it all had to be replaced. rite now im driving with no door panel, gonna go to the junk yard and get one.dont realy care if the color matches!

the rear bench seat dont match, and one rear bucket seat is missing.

$1300 , 150,xxx miles .cold a/c , current registration / saftey, no rust (just faded paint) hard to find that in hawaii. think i did okay.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forum. First off, the fuel gauge, good possibility it is a sending unit issue. Sometimes it's the connection on the pump module, need to check voltage drop across it before assuming sending unit.
Speedometer and tach issues are probably the printed circuit board on the back of the cluster, very well known to have broken solder joints.

the brake lamp, check the fluid level in the master cylinder, if low the lamp comes on. Otherwise check the ebrake pedal and make sure it's returning all the way and contacting the switch. the pedal assemblies are known to break the return spring.

Quick Reply: 98 plymouth voyager