Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2002 Caravan Sport - Issues: I need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 03:19 PM
DeanL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Caravan Sport - Issues: I need help

The transmission was recently serviced outside of Dodge (due to trust issues and no not AAMCO). I also had suspension parts replaced due to another issue. About 3 months later, there is a noise coming from the transmission. It is intermittent and appears to occur only when I start the vehicle and put it into gear. When I start to drive, there is a clicking noise in the transmission. I already checked the axles. The noise occurs in reverse and forward motion. If I stop place the transmission into park then move the gear lever through all of the gears, place it back into park. Turn off the engine and restart it again. No noises. It drives like a champ. Now, according to the service history I pulled up on this vehicle, there has been transmission work done in the past and there was a recall for a flash at one time. It is now clicking and jerking intermittently. It also sounds as though it is whining loudly in first gear. Help?
Any thoughts or ideas?

Last edited by DeanL; 05-18-2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Changes in problem

Quick Reply: 2002 Caravan Sport - Issues: I need help