Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Fuel Mystery

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 04:21 PM
kevinm336
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Mystery

My '98 Grand Caravan Sport has had many fuel pumps replaced due to: 1st wear & tear with bad gas, 2nd bad pump, 3rd mechanic error crinkle in seal. The last one has been on my van for 3 weeks but now according to my mechanic it gives out of gas with my gauge on a 1/2 tank or 1/4 tank. My instrument cluster panel works ok to my knowledge but mechanic stated it was going bad. I also noticed that my travel console stated that my van will have anywhere between 45-98 miles to empty before is gives out. Could it be a sensor?

Old 05-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you didn't have an issue before but do now, it is probably the pump. no use putting a sending unit on a pump that should be under warrenty.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:35 AM
kevinm336
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks so much. I didn't even think about a warranty. I guess I will have one more talk with my mechanic before I decide to go elsewhere. I think he is tired of working on it without charging me. It's not my fault his workers don't know what they are doing. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Fuel Mystery