Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Working on my 02 Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Carpenter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Working on my 02 Caravan

Hey everyone,

I am trying to figure out a problem I am having with our 02 Caravan Sport. We have had this vehicle since 2004 and try to to keep up the maintenance, most of which I prefer to do myself. Anyway, recently a clunking noise has developed when the brakes are applied. I can feel a pulse through the brake pedal that seems to match the noise. Thinking I might have a bad bearing I jacked up the back of the van and tried rocking the wheels. They do not move in or out. However the passenger side wheel spins freely and the drivers wheel requires constant pressure to spin. Now I am wondering two things. Do I have a brake that is hung up on the drivers side? And does the passenger side wheel (which spins freely) have a bad bearing. It is my understanding that a wheel should not spin too freely unless the bearing is on the way out. Thanks for and insight you might have.

Matt in Ohio

Old 05-15-2011, 06:06 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to DF
You shouldn't have a lot of drag on the brakes. Have ck the fluid level and if so, did you need to add brake fluid? My guess is maybe a caliper pistion hanging up or a pinch hose.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Carpenter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Mastertech, I will investigate to see if that brake is dragging.

Quick Reply: Working on my 02 Caravan