Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Instrument Cluster always on

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 11:06 AM
shaneyv
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instrument Cluster always on

First time posting as I am at a loss and can get no help locally without having to have a dealer charge for a diagnostic hook up.

My problem is that I have recently purchased an 08 Caravan SE and My Instrument Cluster lights are on continuously from the time the van is started until it is shut off. It wouldn't be a big deal accept we forget to turn our headlights on quite a bit because we see the dash lights on and if it is not too dark yet we have no idea the headlights are not on. This could get us many tickets in the future or worse, into some accidents because others do not see us coming.

Anyway, the dealer says this is not normal but they have never heard of this before so I turn to the wise owl's here for some great incite (I hope).

Can anyone help or has anyone seen this before?

Much appreciated in advance,
Shane

Old 05-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dash lamps on are a default mode if the van is having bus issues. Or if you were to unplug the headlamp switch, the dash lamps and headlamps would come on. Nothing real common that I could send you to. Chances are you are going to have to bring it somewhere that has a scan tool to have it diagnosed.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:28 AM
shaneyv
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for that. Are there multiple things you see could be wrong? I can try more than one thing but I think I may try to disconnect the battery for a while and maybe get lucky with a soft reset of the system. Still any help is welcome.

Quick Reply: Instrument Cluster always on