Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

back seat TV question

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 12:20 AM
gentz
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default back seat TV question

Just purchased a 2011 GC, it has the video option and sat radio..Does it come pre-equipped with the back seat kit? if not what is needed? I see some stuff for sale on ebay but maybe You guys can give me more of a direct answer of whats needed and cost..I may be able to install it myself if need be.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

your van is not pre equipped for the 3rd seat tv. To install it, you would need the wiring harness from a van equipped with it, the tv and mounting and probably other unseen things. After you installed it, you would have to take it to a dealer and have the vehicle told it has it so it would work.

Old 05-28-2011, 01:54 PM
gentz
Professional

Originally Posted by Tizzy1
your van is not pre equipped for the 3rd seat tv. To install it, you would need the wiring harness from a van equipped with it, the tv and mounting and probably other unseen things. After you installed it, you would have to take it to a dealer and have the vehicle told it has it so it would work.
Tizzy I think you misunderstood, I am talking about the back seat tv by sirius....

Old 05-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

so you already have the 3rd seat tv? Again it isn't wired for it. Every system has it's own harness. There is a satellite tv module and a seperate antenna. And the vehicle would have to be told you added the module or it won't work.

this is the module

The funny part to me is the module is in the back of the van and the antenna is up front by the windshield

Old 05-30-2011, 04:40 PM
gentz
Professional

yes, i have second and 3rd row seat tv system in it....I was just looking for the sirius tv module... I can do all the programing as i have a witech unit, if that is all thats needed shouldnt be too much.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:15 PM
Carolwalshd
Default Module location

so you already have the 3rd seat tv? Again it isn't wired for it. Every system has it's own harness. There is a satellite tv module and a seperate antenna. And the vehicle would have to be told you added the module or it won't work.

this is the module

The funny part to me is the module is in the back of the van and the antenna is up front by the windshield
Can someone tell me where the tv module is on a 2008 Caravan?

Attached Thumbnails back seat TV question-59079.jpg  

Quick Reply: back seat TV question