Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2002/2003 Suspension Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 11:19 AM
PWR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002/2003 Suspension Questions

Can anybody provide the spring rates for the following springs? I'm looking at possibly purchasing a lower mileage van (less mileage/kms than the one I have, either Dodge or Chrysler T&C) with at least a 3.8L and possibly an AWD version. However, there seems to be a number of different spring part numbers/suspension versions out there (i.e. sport, touring and standard/normal duty) and I'd like to understand the difference. I currently have a sport suspension version van, so that's my base line.

2002/2003 Sport Suspension (these seem to be same regardless if it's a 3.3 or 3.8 engine)
Left Front - ZBHP
Right Front - ZPFP

2003 Normal Duty Suspension (2003 ES AWD)
Left Front - ZBKP
Right Front - ZPHP

2001 Normal Duty Suspension (2001 T&C)
Left Front - ZAKP
Right Front - ZNFP

Note: for those of you interested in this information, it seems that all of the Caravans, regardless of front suspension type, have the same rear spring spring rates/part numbers.

Also, one other question, are there any issues with replacing the self leveling rear shocks with standard shocks (other than the obvious that you no longer have a self leveling rear suspension, as they all have the same rear spring rate). Would you have to disable any switches/sensors that could generate a code?

Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: 2002/2003 Suspension Questions