Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Injector Issues P0201 & P0202

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 01:18 AM
Dega
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector Issues P0201 & P0202

Seems to be a lot of smart guys here so . . . maybe you can help me get my daughter's van going again

2005 Caravan 3.3 Liter

When accelerating there is a "pulsing" like it's starting and stopping. If you accelerate slowly it will not do this

Check engine light is on - went to AutoZone got codes P0201 and P0202. They said bad injectors so I bought and replaced those two. Didn't fix it

I have tools a meter and am willing to try troubleshooting just don't know where to start..

With engine of from injector wire to ground one side reads open the other is .65 or 6.5 or 65 ohms. both 1 & 2 read the same and I checked it against 4 and 5 and it is the same.

Any advice on where to start next?

Thanks in advance

Old 05-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The injectors are all fed power from the ASD relay. The relay is actuated when it see's input from the cam and crank sensors. So running you should have a steady 12v at each injector. Then each injector is grounded by the PCM to fire it. If your condition is intermittent, you probably have a wire or two rubbed through and shouting out causing your problem. If it were the driver in the PCM, it would probably miss all the time. Before you ohm the wire to ground, disconnect it from the injector and the PCM and see if you can detect any continuity. Also check for short to battery. Back corner of the head is a common rub area, also issues under the battery tray.

Quick Reply: Injector Issues P0201 & P0202