Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2007 AC Actuator replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 08:42 AM
splash2000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 AC Actuator replacement

Reading through the posts I am fairly certain that I have an actuator problem. The AC only blows cool on the passanger side. I have a single control unit. Does anyone have a schematic that shows how to get at it to remove.

THanks

Old 06-01-2011, 12:23 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to DF If you search in the tizzy and other DIY section, you will find some information on the actuators.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you hear a hissing noise when the a/c is running? Mostly, the cause of temperature differential is low freon charge.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:13 AM
splash2000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default regular A/C sounds

AC sounds normal, cycles on and off,

No error code when I run the actuator scan through the COntrol panel (AC and WIper button)

Still only have cool air coming out of the passanger vents. I would like to say cold, but its more cool than cold. Driver vents are not nearly as cool. When i turn it to hot, I get hot air out of all but when i turn the temp to cool its only cool on the passanger side. Infact its coolest to the left and warmest to the right.

thanks for you help.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No rear a/c? Here is the calibration proceedure for an '07

A/C-HEATER CONTROL CALIBRATION

The A/C-heater control module must be recalibrated each time an actuator motor or the A/C-heater control is replaced. If the vehicle is so equipped, the calibration procedure also includes rear HVAC positions for each actuator motor.
1.Turn the ignition switch to the On position.2.If equipped with the manual temperature control (MTC) system, press and hold the Rear Wipe/Wash and Recirculation buttons for at least five seconds. If equipped with the automatic temperature control (ATC) systen, simultaneously press and hold the Power and Recirculation buttons on the A/C-heater control for at least five seconds. The MTC A/C-heater control Rear Wipe/Wash button light emitting diode (LED) and Recirculation button LED, or the ATC A/C-heater control Delay and Recirculation graphics will begin to flash when the calibration procedure has begun.3.The calibration procedure should take less than two minutes to complete for the manual A/C-heater control, and less than twenty seconds for the ATC A/C-heater control. When the LEDs or graphics stop flashing, the calibration procedure is complete.4.If the LEDs or graphics continue to flash beyond the two minute (manual) or twenty second (ATC) calibration time, it indicates that the A/C-heater control has detected a failure and a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) has been set. Refer to Body Diagnostic Procedures to perform further diagnosis. The LEDs or graphics will continue to flash even after the ignition switch is cycled Off and On, until a successful calibration is completed or until the vehicle has been driven about 13 kilometers (8 miles).

Quick Reply: 2007 AC Actuator replacement