Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 07:58 PM
stv0648
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical issues

Hello i am having some problems with my wife's 2006 caravan 3.3l.Sometimes the van will not start when you cycle key, the pump is very loud. if you cycle the key 10 to 20 times the fuel pump gets quiet and starts fine with no problems. If i take the fuel pump relay out and put it back in the van starts right up. I put a new relay in and still doing the same thing. The wipers are working the same way, sometimes they work sometimes they don't, and if you take the relay out and put it back in they seem to work again.

Thanks

Old 06-04-2011, 06:29 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Welcome to DF
You could have a bad connection under the PDC/IPM or a FCM( Front control module). You can remove the FCM and check the connection and add dielectric grease to the pins, and recheck. If still have a problem, I would recommend a shop to look at the problem.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:10 AM
stv0648
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok i have tried what you suggested and it fixed the problem for 2 days.Now the wipers are working fine but if the van sits for a few hours you have to cycle key to get the fuel pump to pick up the fuel.When you cycle key fuel pump is loud but if i take fuel pump relay out and put it back in the fuel pump gets quiet and starts.

Thanks

Old 06-07-2011, 12:33 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

It maybe time for a fuel pump assy. You may want a shop to look at the problem and verify that is loud and will not start.

Quick Reply: electrical issues