Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

HELP! '08 GC Roaring / Vibration in Front End

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 10:05 PM
lotecracer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP! '08 GC Roaring / Vibration in Front End

I am having a very disturbing issue with my 2008 Grand Caravan. Intermittently we will get a loud Roaring / Vibration out of the Front End of the Van that sounds like it is coming from the Righthand Side, when you hit the brakes the steering wheel vibrates eratically. Even though it doesn't make the noise all the time, I replaced the Right Front Hub Assembly to try and that didn't make a difference. The problem seems to get more frequent with warmer weather and when it rains...if that makes sense.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:54 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think the Front Hub bearings are on Recall for most Minivans. Have you gotten that look at yet?
steering wheel shake when braking is warp rotors. When's ur last brake inspection? also, Minivan front brake are on extended waranty to 3yr/36k miles.

and hows ur tires?

Old 06-07-2011, 11:09 AM
lotecracer

I replaced the front hubs front brakes are good vibration when braking doesn't happen all the time only when the roaring noise and vibration is happening

Old 06-07-2011, 11:11 AM
lotecracer

Oh yeah and the tires are brand new. Those were also replaced. My thought is that it may be a cv joint intermittently going out of balance I just didn't want to spend more money on that if I wasn't sure that was the issue

Quick Reply: HELP! '08 GC Roaring / Vibration in Front End