Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Knee airbag warning 2005 grand caravan

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 09:12 AM
cajun1965
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knee airbag warning 2005 grand caravan

I have owned 3 Grand Caravans, So I believe I know a few things about these things, well I was wrong. My wife was recently in a collision which deployed the frontal airbags, the steering wheel airbag and the Knee airbag. the steering wheel airbag worked fine. The Knee airbag almost broke my wife's legs at her shins. the design is poor at best. The bag deploys and slams the plastic and metal cover that hides the bag directly into the drivers shins. thats right the bag never touched her the plastic and metal covers slammed into her shins to the point that she was unable to walk for two days. This was only a 30mph collision. If you own a 2005 Dodge grand caravan I would look into this issue. I will never own another dodge minivan.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:34 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Did you call the 800 number for chrysler customer service center? I would and tell them what happen.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:59 AM
TexasSher
Default 2005 Grand Caravan Knee Air Bag Injuries

I had the EXACT same thing happen to me. Last October, I was involved in an accident at about 35 to 40 mph and air bags deployed. I was blessed that my right shin was not shattered by the poorly designed knee air bag. The bruising was intense, and I have a permanent scar. I did contact the 800 number, and they sent me a brochure on how airbags work. Of course, it did not include the knee bag. I also sent pics of what happened and they have ignored me. I am thinking I may need to talk to a lawyer. Will NEVER buy another Dodge/Chrysler vehicle!

Old 06-07-2011, 12:05 PM
TexasSher
Default 2005 Grand Caravan Knee Air Bag Injuries

I had the EXACT same thing happen to me. Last October, I was involved in an accident at about 35 to 40 mph and air bags deployed. I was blessed that my right shin was not shattered by the poorly designed knee air bag. The bruising was intense, and I have a permanent scar. I did contact the 800 number, and they sent me a brochure on how airbags work. Of course, it did not include the knee bag. I also sent pics of what happened and they have ignored me. I am thinking I may need to talk to a lawyer. Will NEVER buy another Dodge/Chrysler vehicle!

Quick Reply: Knee airbag warning 2005 grand caravan