Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

HID Lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 06:55 PM
canadavirgins
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Lights

Hello to you all, my name is paul, im new to this so bare with me, so yes ive brought a dodge grand caravan which is great, and i wanted to add a HID light kit, but im haveing problems trying to get them to work, i here that dodge is very difficult to do this on, so in hopeing after many hours under the hood, one of you nice people could help me out, sorry but a dodge forum was my last chance to get soem help

many thanks

paul

Old 06-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What year is the van, who makes the kit, what have you done? And welcome to the forum

Old 06-08-2011, 08:11 PM
canadavirgins

hi

its a 2008 grand caravan, the hid kit is made by RTX with is from robert thilbert, they are one of our suppliers, anyway its a telescopic kit, so the kit does high and low, but when i plug it all in, it seems that there is not enough power to run them, clicking and flickering, i have heard that dodge is known for this and there is a special way to wire them up, i also here that the voltage supply from the wire harness is not enough for them to work.

thanks

great site, by the way

Old 06-08-2011, 08:18 PM
OLDB15ER

ARE THESE ACTUALLY THE HID OR XENON HID. MY EXPERIENCE IS WITH XENON. ONLY ONE SETTING WORKS AND THATS THE REGULAR LIGHTING NO OPTION OF HIGHOR LOW SETTING AND IF YOU PLAN ON DOING HIGH AND LOW WITH ACTUAL TRUE HiD YOU NEED SEPERATE WIRING FOR HIGH.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:25 PM
OLDB15ER

sorry about caps didnt even notice till i posted. did a little research looks like they are xenon. 35w? might need a resistor on both lights.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:56 PM
canadavirgins

they are HID lights, so is there a wire diagram or anything, because the plug and play part isnt good

Quick Reply: HID Lights