Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Brake line failure 1998 Grand Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 03:38 PM
mirageman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when I asked dealers for part numbers, they told me straight up they don't give out that info. I asked if it was because they don't want people looking up the parts themselves and looking for a better price, they said yes. same goes for the many many mitsubishi parts that I've replaced on another vehicle. anyhow that's the reason some or most do not give that info out, and that's why whenever you go online to buy oem parts, you'll see the part description, but not a part number.

I did look up recall info, but none included these primary and secondary lines from the master cylinder. there were many complaints though all over by googling. looks to be something about the braided section of the flexible part being of a different metal than the brake line allowing for rust to be much quicker than normal at their interface.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:27 PM
musiclevelz5

Mirage. what is the name of the part where the 2 lines from the master cylinder go to? I know there is a proportioning valve, but that is down stream close to the driver rear tire. This block has the 2 mc lines going to it and has all 4 lines to the wheels coming out of it. I need one of those and do not know where to get one or what its called.

I have a 1998 Dodge Caravan w/ the 2.4L engine Non-ABS

Old 01-25-2013, 05:52 PM
mirageman
Professional

Originally Posted by musiclevelz5
Mirage. what is the name of the part where the 2 lines from the master cylinder go to? I know there is a proportioning valve, but that is down stream close to the driver rear tire. This block has the 2 mc lines going to it and has all 4 lines to the wheels coming out of it. I need one of those and do not know where to get one or what its called.

I have a 1998 Dodge Caravan w/ the 2.4L engine Non-ABS
I just checked my service manual and it is called simply, "junction block" . I cannot tell you part numbers or if it is available anywhere besides the dealer. I'm sure the forum moderator (master tech) from the first page of this thread will be able to help you there. send him an email, or maybe you can get a parts guy at a local dodge to help you as well. If you're going to take it all apart, do yourself a favor and squirt some pb blaster or wd-40 on each of those fittings at least twice a day until you get the part in hand. you don't want to damage any fittings or twist a line, resulting in more time and money lost, not to mention skinned knuckles! good luck.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:13 PM
KSample123

You guys are the best! My mail van needs new brake lines and you solved the question right away. Off to get parts. Thanks!!

Quick Reply: Brake line failure 1998 Grand Caravan