Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Spark Plugs/Wires

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Atrious
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark Plugs/Wires

Just about to start my 100k tune up for my 2003 Caravan 3.3L Flex Fuel. I went to buy spark plugs at my local parts store. I chose some that they actually had in-stock and he asked me, "You don't have one of those flex fuel engines, do you"? I told him I did and he said that those particular ones wouldn't work. He showed me the computer and it did say "non-flex fuel". Every manufacture had 2 choices of spark plugs for my van, one non-flex fuel and one for the flex-fuel. The only one that didn't have two choices was an NGK spark plug that said for gasoline and flex fuel. No other spark plug was listed for NGK. The Parts guy stated that this could be right but he was concerned. I didn't want to purchase without asking some of you guys what you buy or install on these engines. He stated all of the other manufacturers' plugs that were for flex fuel had to be bought at the dealer ship. What's your take on plugs and wires in my flex fuel?

Old 06-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you burn flex fuel? I use the factory Champions.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Atrious

I don't burn flex fuel, I use regular mid-grade. So if you don't burn the actual ethenol you don't need the special plugs?

Old 06-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not in my opinion. E85 is very corrosive so everything involved with it has to be able to handle it. Special pump, injectors, lines, anything that comes in contact with it. So if you don't use it, don't really have to worry about it.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Atrious

Noted. I'll try it out. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Spark Plugs/Wires