Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

A/C Extended Waranty Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 03:00 AM
pjmmor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Extended Waranty Problems

Need some advice. I have a 2007 Grand Caravan. An extended warranty was placed on the rear evaporator for the ac. While in Florida this past winter, mine failed and I had it repaired at a shop that had done some insurance work for me. When I returned home, my dealer advised me that an extended warranty had been issued by Chrysler in 2009. Unfortunately I was unaware of that and Chrysler will nor honour the warranty as the repair was not done by a dealer. Otherwise, with time and mileage I would have qualified for the work. I talked to the customer servcie rep at their 1-800 line and was told that her decision was final and there was no one else to talk to.. they have to be kidding. This is my sixth car from Chrysler and I all i get is sorry, there is no way to appeal this decision. It is only $600.00 but the principle is enough to swear me off Chrysler .. any ideas on how I can talk to someone else in the company?

Old 07-08-2011, 07:52 AM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

call chrysler 800 tell them the issue. should not get anywhere then demand the $ back from the warranty since they aint doing nothing so why are you paying a warranty thats not covering. although installation done by others may not be covers ask what they pay for a job and get that. they ussually have a standard for example 3.5 hrs and part $200 for example. might be less than what you got installed but atleast it some. and becomes a win win for both cause maybe the person installing can be better than some dealer mechanics. but not saying all are bad just hard to find dealers that are honest work these days.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Like the independant that screwed him over probably knowing the job was covered by warrenty but didn't want to loose the job. You can't sneeze and not hit a dishonest mechanic, don't make out the dealer to be the bad guy.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:32 PM
trophyslayer
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an avenger that I got new tires on took it in for an alginment, after paying for it they told me the one ball joint was bad,

so I payed for an alignment that wasn't worth anything since the ball joint was bad, the shop should have told me about the ball joint and not done the alignment(I know this now), took it to the dealer and they let me know that there was a recall on the ball joint so they fixed up

of course my 80$ for an alignment is nothing compared to your 600$, but after that I did start paying more attention to any repairs that I got done on my cars, if in doubt I called the dealer to check to see what warrenties I had left

@DodgeCaravan2010SXT, I dont think he had to pay for the extended warrenty, chrysler extended coverage on the rear evap to 70,000 miles, same as my 06, so it didn't cost anything for the extra covearage

Old 07-08-2011, 05:38 PM
pjmmor

yes the extended warranty was initiated by Chrysler, must have been a bad design for that evaporator. The warranty notice went out two years before I had it repaired. so not likely anyone outside of Chrysler would have remembered. Just frustrated how there is only one person who handle the complaint and you cannot get past them to reason with someone else or at least get some partial coverage.

Quick Reply: A/C Extended Waranty Problems