Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

1999 Grand Sport Radio/Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 07:36 PM
tobytigger
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Grand Sport Radio/Speakers

I have a rusting 1999 Grand Sport with 156K and was in the junkyard looking for a part and on a whim picked up two front door speakers from a '99 Grand. My sport was not equipped with front door speakers. Removed the drivers door panel and plugged in the speaker but no sound. Tried the 2nd speaker and no sound. Pulled the radio and the connector label on the rear of the radio shows wires for the doors and there are 7 wires coming out of the connector. Looked under the dash and found nothing out of the ordinary. Is there a connector not hooked up or is it simply I need a radio that was equipped as premium sound system.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:15 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

The problem maybe the radio, By any chance did you get the radio out of the van too.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:41 PM
tobytigger
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not take the radio. I was looking for a fuel door in a candy apple red and found an exact match. The van was the same year as mine and was mostly intact. Went back a few days later and the van was scrapped into a rectangular box of metal. The junkyard changes out vehicles daily and I was told since vans are so common, there's no reason to hold on to any particular model since they are so readily available. I couldn't believe the van was gone since it was a '99 and the lot was full of older vans. Makes no business sense to me.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:45 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Will to radio you have in the van now, may not be able to supply power to the speakers. That why I ask. Since the body style is an NS 1996 to 2000, You can use any radio's from those vans.

Quick Reply: 1999 Grand Sport Radio/Speakers