Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2011 caravan going in for service at 4kmiles

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 12:10 PM
gentz
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 caravan going in for service at 4kmiles

Well finally at 4k miles I scheduled my van to get checked and repaired....I may have to follow the same procedure fellow user here has with a lemon law if the issue doesnt get resolved. Here is the info on why its going in for service;

I have had persistent transmission issues that evolved from the first month of ownership. On reverse shudder, alot of people saythats normal, Im sure its not ( I am a Certified Master Technician myself) So leaving as being normal I have plenty of warranty so I left it till it would be more of an issue or brake. Well it gradually started getting worse. Yesterday, I back out of my drive way, put it in drive and darn it a huge bang from the transmission, Being a tech I am pretty much used to strange noises but this scared the pants off, specially with my kids in the van. I ask my wife if its done it to her before she says that once before. Definately not safe, and I will not have my wife drive something with these symptoms. I called in to schedule a Visit at the local dealer and see what goes from it. ( my local dealership has bonehead techs but my wife has to drive it so its no other choice. While they are there I stated them check the van for the loud lifter noise at start up and to lube my side doors as they are starting to make a metal to metal noise as a lack of lube....Lets see and wait for what they bring back to me....A big , we could not duplicate the issue. Will keep you updated..

Old 08-29-2011, 01:06 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Make sure you get someone to go on a road test with you. And please do let us know here and in the tech room.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:00 PM
gentz
Professional

Ok, my wife just called me. They contacted her.. There seems to be internal valves or the vvt solenoid problems and possible lifters... Also supposably the transmission valve body valves seem to be sticking....only thing that pisses me off is that the want to keep it for a couple days just to do a teardown but dont want to supply a free rental or loaner...that is some BS specially being completely under full warranty...with only 4k miles..

Old 08-31-2011, 12:36 AM
gentz
Professional

Ok, got in contact with dodge direct, 1800 number... they escalated the complaint and soon after they contacted the dealership and I have a rental for as long as it takes.....I have to say....If only the dealerships would learn customer service skills that Dodge corporate has....Thumbs up for dodge..

Quick Reply: 2011 caravan going in for service at 4kmiles