Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

96 Caravan Fuel Tank Replacement??

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 06:20 PM
heminv67
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Caravan Fuel Tank Replacement??

Anybody here replace a fuel tank on a 96 Caravan? My tank is leaking from the vent valve's rubber grommet and I just can't bear to pay the stealership if this can be done fairly easily. Apparently the rubber grommet is a 'non-servicable' part and the tank must be replaced. I can get a used tank up here for about $100 cdn.

Thanks,
Brent

Calgary, Canada.

Old 07-28-2005, 09:32 AM
Toecutter
Default RE: 96 Caravan Fuel Tank Replacement??

I've pulled my tank really just lowered it. Any ways.... make sure your tank is about empty first, Oh yea, put the van on Jack Stands first. You'll find Three connections from your filter. These are a self sealing 'snap type' connections. A small standard screw-driver should help pop them off. prob would hurt while your down there to get a new filter, the box its comes in should be about 4' long. (for a 96) if not you have the wrong one and don't bother going home to finish the job. There a approx two steel bands that keep the tank strapped the the under carriage of the van once removed the tank should come down for replacement.

make sure when reinstalling new tank that you make your three filter connections before final tightening off all fastners because there's no room to do it once you've strapped it up to the under side of the van.

hope this helps

Old 07-28-2005, 12:16 PM
heminv67

Thanks Toecutter!! You just saved me about $200.

Appreciate it!

Old 08-10-2005, 10:21 AM
Toecutter

Cool Mon,

Did I really help?..... LOL. I hope so

Quick Reply: 96 Caravan Fuel Tank Replacement??