Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Rear wiper direction and park position

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 03:06 PM
jerrylynnb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear wiper direction and park position

I just got my 2007 Caravan repaired and I am puzzled about how the rear wiper works now. I HOPE someone here has one with a properly working rear wiper who can advise me.

My wiper sits in the "park" position, which is on the passenger side about 8" above the level. When I engage the wiper (either through "wash" or "wiper"), it swipes from the passenger side over to the driver side but going all the way down to the level (with the ground) and back the the "park" position, about 8" above the level on the passenger side.

It seems to me this is either mis-aligned, or parking on the wrong side.

I would have thought that the "park" position would be the one closest to the level (with the ground), and it would also seem to me that the swipe angle should be more even between the two sides (maybe 2-3" above the level - not 8" above the level on the passenger "park" side, and evenly at the level on the driver side).

Please, if someone has a properly working rear wiper, go see the angles made at the two extremes to the level, and see which side the wiper "parks" at (driver side or passenger side).

Thanks

Old 09-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The wiper blade should be parallel with the glass on the passenger side and swipe toward the drivers side. Loosen the pivot nut at the motor and you can move it to wherever you want.

Quick Reply: Rear wiper direction and park position