Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

03 Caravan 1 front 1 rear brakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 01:22 PM
TALBOT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Caravan 1 front 1 rear brakes

03 Caravan SE with ABS brakes, disc up front drums in the rear. For a couple of days I noticed the brake pedal getting softer and softer and the brakes getting worse with the pedal going almost to the floor. At this point I only had front right and rear left brakes working.
I have gone over all the lines for a leak and a mechanic friend also looked
over the lines but no leaks found. I bled the system 4 times and could not get rid of the air in these two lines. I talked to a couple of mechanics and they thought that it was my master cylinder. So I replaced the master cylinder and bled the whole system again. It felt like I had good pressure until I started the van and then the pedal was almost to the floor again with only the front right and rear left brakes working as before.
Now I am being told it might be the ABS control!
Anyone have an idea as to what has happened to my brakes?

Old 10-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

With ABS brakes, the hydralic unit for the ABS has to be bled seperately using a scan tool. You may have to bring it somewhere to have it bled.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:11 AM
TALBOT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: 03 Caravan 1 front 1 rear brakes