Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Please help 2008 Grand Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 06:17 PM
kanescubs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Please help 2008 Grand Caravan

My wife left the keys in the ignition in the ON position yesterday. When I went to the garage last night I noticed it and turned the van off in hopes that the battery would recharge itself. No luck! I put the battery on a slow charge but my wife needed to use the van so she had my dad give the van a jump start. Now the van is holding a charge and starts fine but we lost the use of our turn signals and the wipers continue to run. I have no control with the wipes. They will not spray fluid. I tried to disconnect the neg. on the battery for 10min and rehook it but the horn gives a honk and everything else is the same (no turn signals, wipes on) can anyone give me some help? thanks much!!!! 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan

Old 10-04-2011, 07:55 PM
gentz
Professional

Leave the battery disconnected over night. That should reset everything. If it persists then there may have been a surge when jump starting tha van and possible bcm damage. Try the battery trick first..

Old 10-05-2011, 04:01 PM
kanescubs

I tried the trick no luck I still have the same problem! I'm in a touch position right now and I'm financially hurting. Is this "BCM" something I can fix? If so how much do you think? Thankyou very much for your time I'm very thankful!!

Old 10-05-2011, 04:37 PM
genx80s

I do not know much about this, but I know that the "bcm" is the body control module. I only know about this because I have an issue with a 1998 Dodge Caravan that I was told could involve a problem with the bcm (I have a thread about this). A Dodge dealership parts department told me that this part for my van would cost $765. I do not know what all is involved in replacing this. I know I was told by the dealership the total cost to replace mine (if that is the problem) would be around $1000 (part and labor).

Old 10-05-2011, 05:22 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kanescubs
I tried the trick no luck I still have the same problem! I'm in a touch position right now and I'm financially hurting. Is this "BCM" something I can fix? If so how much do you think? Thankyou very much for your time I'm very thankful!!
check all fuses. The Fuse Box is ur body control Module that controls wiperblades and exterior lightings. Maybe u pop some fuses when you jump start or charge the battery. Some of these generic Battery charger charges on such high voltage, could possible blow fuse or kill some computer module. When you use it, it is recommend to charge battery with the battery disconnected from the vehicle.
But from the symptom, it sounds like you got a bad Multifunction Switch or bad BCM, if all fuses are ok.

I think the Fusebox/BCM/Tipm runs about $250. It is easy to replace, but it has to be reprogramed by a dealer or shop with Chrysler equipment.

Quick Reply: Please help 2008 Grand Caravan