Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Inside Blower Fan

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Newtonc3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inside Blower Fan

On my 2001 Dodge Caravan LE the inside blower fan **** only engages the fan on High, the other fan blower settings does not turn on the fan. What is the problem and how do I fix it?

Old 10-10-2011, 06:27 PM
knightrider98271
Default Blower motor

Sounds like the resistor for the blower motor is out, this same thing has happened to me on a few different makes and models of cars that I have had, I am not sure where it is located on your van, but on all of my vehicles it has been located on the blower motor housing, I am sure someone around here knows exactly where it is.

should be behind the glovebox on the housing though.

google Caravan blower motor resistor. around $50 or so.

should be fairly easy to replace, but then again I havent replaced one on my 09 T&C yet.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Crash_Control

There is a non replaceable fuse on your resistor network that has blown .

Usually that happens because the blower motor is drawing to many amps and needs replacing aswell or you will be blowing another resistor network .

You could try bridging the fuse on the circuit board but that may cause other problems like roasted wires and fires .

The resistor network sits in the air ducting on the passenger side pointing down towards the floor next to the blower motor.

One other possibility is that the blower switch in the dash has gone south but that is not very common .

Old 10-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick Reply: Inside Blower Fan