Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Lost Credit Card in Center Console? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 11:36 PM
Bob_Ierardi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes! This evening I was able to retrieve credit cards that slipped behind our Caravan's Super Console. Took all of 2 minutes. Pull out / extend rear access drawer so you can get your hand on the rear end of the Super Consoles' top. I pulled straight upward with a firm upward movement. The top easily disengaged. The front was still attached to the front console by two 1/2" wide clips at the front of the consoles' top. I had to then push the front end down while carefully raising the top until the top fully disengaged. There is an electrical cable at the front of the top. The electrical cord was long enough that I didn't need to disconnect it in order to move the top out of the way. You have full access after the top is removed! Reassembly was a snap! Realign the front end and clips into the dash/console, then snap the rear downward. Push in the rear drawer. Done deal!

Old 11-25-2013, 01:20 AM
blownhemicuda

Originally Posted by Tizzy1
if you have the super console, the top just clips on. You pop the clips and disconnect the harness to remove it

HI,

I'm preparing to install a super console in my 2012 DGC minivan. I acquired a super console off of Ebay without any mounting hardware. i have placed an order at the dealer for the bracket. My question, based on looking at the diagram, is with regards to the wiring for the cup holder light. The plugs are there under the console cover, I am however wondering of there is a wiring harness section on the minivans existing wiring harness that mates up to the wires and plug under the console top? Is this a plug and play deal or do I have to section and splice wires to get it to work? Is there a harness from the dealer for this application?

Attached Thumbnails Lost Credit Card in Center Console? Help!-guid-23-037-115-3667808.jpg  

Last edited by blownhemicuda; 11-25-2013 at 01:56 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:20 PM
Diggstar
Question

How did the install go? I am about to do the install myself. I was wondering how it went and any tips/advice to give? was it a plug and play deal?

Old 03-01-2014, 01:48 PM
blownhemicuda

Originally Posted by Diggstar
How did the install go? I am about to do the install myself. I was wondering how it went and any tips/advice to give? was it a plug and play deal?
The install was ok. I recommend removing both front seats as it makes the job much easier when it comes time to bolt the console to the bracket. The most difficult part of the operation was to line up the bracket with the console to where the console mates at the front and is straight. I did this by installing the bracket on the console and securing the console to its mounting points at the front. I market the bracket points where it would screw into the van and it worked out well. You will have to cut a section of the carpet out to properly mount the bracket. My suggestion is to cut less and trim as you need it to get it to fit properly. Also, teh console has the lighted cup holder, however, there was no wire on the harness that would allow me to connect it. I also looked online and asked the dealer (useless idiots BTW) if there was a diagram or harness and couldn't come up with an answer, so I just didn't bother to try and connect them. There were plenty of wires that I suspect that I could easily tap into when I turn the headlights on that light something inside the car but i didn't want to chance messing anything up. The two outlets are just a matter of unplugging off the old piece and plugging into the new one on the console. BTW, that console is great. The storage and functionality it adds is unsurpassed.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:05 PM
KLHN4Basenjis
Default Lost My ATM Card in the console

I have a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT with super console. I had my ATM card on top of the cover of the conpatment closest to the radio. It slid forward and disappeared into the abyss. Any suggestions on how to retireve it?

Old 08-05-2014, 11:11 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you read any of the previous posts? Did you see the diagram 3 posts before yours? I would start there and see if you find your card.

Old 08-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Ghee Ghee
Smile

Thank you for your post. My daughter just retrieved my driver's license using your directions. The plastic knife worked great for popping the last two tabs. She had the license out in no time.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:03 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by KLHN4Basenjis
I have a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT with super console. I had my ATM card on top of the cover of the conpatment closest to the radio. It slid forward and disappeared into the abyss. Any suggestions on how to retireve it?
Read the previous posts. Your question has already been answered.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:27 PM
sdpoulter

I just used these instructions on this thread to get my debit card out and it took all of about 5 minutes. Thanks for those who posted their experiences.

Attached Thumbnails Lost Credit Card in Center Console? Help!-console.jpg  
Old 08-23-2014, 04:28 PM
felloffthetruck

When you remove the top does it give you access to the power wires behind the two 12 volt ports?

Quick Reply: Lost Credit Card in Center Console? Help!